John Calvin is one the bigger assholes I think I've ever read about in history. I'm stating that based on his "let's reform the church because it is evil and corrupt, and if anyone thinks differently than I do let's kill them off!" technique.
Reading about the Reformation years is incredibly tedious. The only really cool parts about it are the Reformation in England, but that's really only because it's so salacious and easy to make juicy. The whole Calvinist thing in Geneva is like a religion-based experiment in creating the world of 1984, except...not modern.
It's weird to realize that pretty much my whole genetic heritage is made up of people who most definitely were probably caught up in all this turmoil.
While reading the last half of Ch. 14 in my Western Civ book (it's a LONG chapter), I experimented with my iPod Touch (which probably increased how long it took to finish said chapter). I am very pleased. I can't wait to get music on this baby. It made me think about what I like and I went hunting around for music I hadn't listened to lately, like Buckcherry and Rasputina.
and Bt.
going to have to make a sleep playlist so I have something to drift off to.
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment